Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Sunkissed Beauty :: Aloe Vera aka Goddess Juice

ALOE VERA // aloe barbadensis miller
in latin :: true shining bitter substance

Sunkissed Beauty :: Aloe Vera Benefits for Your Skin
photo via firstmatephoto

I'm always trying new mixtures, herbs and concoctions on my face & body. There's so many wonderful earthly creations for your face and skin, I feel like I could use something different everyday for the rest of my life!
 Lately, my skin has not been very nice to me, so I had to switch up what I have been doing for the last couple months. I read an interview of Megan Cannon on livingprettynaturally.com, where she said she has been using aloe vera on her face, neck & chest as a moisturizer every morning for the past 10 years. I never really thought to use aloe as a moisturizer each day...brilliant! Here's why:
+ aloe is 99% water so it gives your skin a TON of moisture
+ it contains a plethora of vitamins (A, C & E), antioxidants, minerals and enzymes
+ helps fight inflammation
+ contains properties that increase collagen content, soften skin, binds moisture to the skin, and tightens pores --- anti-aging goldmine.

I started using it each morning after my cleanser and toner, and it feels great. Moisturizing but not greasy at all, which is especially great in summer time. I encourage you try it out if you're looking for something different and all together BETTER for your beautiful skin. Let your epidermis drink this goddess juice.
Sunkissed Beauty :: Aloe Vera Benefits for Your Skin

Be careful which brand you get, as with anything, some are way better quality than others. The brand I have
(click here to get some), doesn't leave my face feeling sticky and is from organically grown aloe vera plants. I usually pour a small amount in a little jar to use for about a week then keep the rest in the fridge, so it stays good longer.

Sunkissed Beauty :: Aloe Vera Benefits for Your Skin
my big mama in the backyard
I also found this delicious cocktail recipe on hellonatural.co that calls for aloe, cucumber & mint leaves :: so good! The possibilities are endless with this "shining bitter substance". 

Until next time. xoxo


ps: much of the "scientific info" I have here came from this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment