Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sunkissed Memories

Another rainy day here...but the overcast sky and chilly breeze always reminds me
of my time living in Santa Cruz; and that always brings a smile to my 
face and wonderful memories to mind. 
I LOVED how the smell of the sea was always in the air, 
and just a short bike ride or drive and I could sit on my 
"favorite bench" above Lighthouse Beach and watch the waves.
Because of the way the peninsula is situated it almost looked like the sun was
setting in the north! The photo below was my favorite view...

 


My best girlfriend and I stumbled upon a surfing competition at Steamer Lane once.
It was a warm, bright day, and tons of fans, joggers, dog-walkers, cyclists, tourists, 
and photographers alike stopped to soak in the rays, and the excitement.
The waters are quite cold and not so clear out there, but the waves
can get pretty good at this well known spot, and it makes for some nice photos!







A few of my good friends came to visit me one day while I was living there, 
so we decided to stroll the boardwalk. 
We noticed a ton of washed up branches and huge logs
on the sand so we decided to have some fun with it!


SeeeeeeSaaawww! (Didn't work too well..)


One of my favorite places to eat in Santa Cruz is El Jardin Mexican Restaurant;
probably because I worked there for a while... 
and was able to try everything on the menu! My favorite dish was always 
the shrimp quesadilla with black beans and rice...yuummmm.


Here's a few more of my favorite photos from my time in Santa Cruz....

 West Cliff


A gorgeous, hidden beach I found! You have to climb down a steep cliff to get to the sand!

Capitola Beach





 Lighthouse Beach



 Until next time, keep dreaming. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment