Friday, June 5, 2015

Sunkissed Salads: They'll Have Your Mouth Watering

I LOVE salads! They're so pretty and colorful to look at and have so much room for creativity! My mom taught me how to make the perfect, classic salad when I was little - it was always my job to make one for our family dinners after that. Lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, green onions and homemade ranch dressing. I'd add cheese and pepper on top too. Now I know all that ranch and shredded cheddar cheese kind of cancelled out the point of eating fresh veggies- but at least I learned to love them at a young age, right?
Since I've exed the ranch dressing...my salads usually consist of spinach, tomatoes, avocado, orange or yellow peppers and dress it with olive oil & lemon juice (delish!). But now and again, when I have more time to prepare a "special" salad - I like to add even more fun ingredients, some type of meat, and use a different type of dressing.
So, here's 5 salads from some beautiful blogs I've found, that are packed full of even more nutrients and proteins, have a little sweeter side, or are just plain beautiful to look at (not to mention scrumptious)!


Tomato, Cucumber, Avocado Salad via Green Valley Kitchen

Sometimes you don't need any lettuce! And ripe, red cherry tomatoes are thee best!
--------------------


Watermelon Watercress Salad via A House in the Hills

This salad is perfect for warmer weather with the addition of sweet watermelon! 
--------------------


Jane's Mango & Coconut Salad via Autoimmune Paleo

You had me at mango...and then again at coconut.
--------------------


Shrimp Avocado Salad via Add A Pinch

This one reminds me of ceviche, but a little quicker to make - just say "shrimp" and I'll eat it!
--------------------


Grilled Pineapple, Chicken & Avocado Salad via Gimme Some Oven

This is like the perfect mix of fruit salad and veggie salad with yummy chicken to top it off!
-------------------------------------------------------------

Even if you're not a big salad person, I'm sure one of these will tickle your fancy. Now I need to go figure out which one I want to try tonight... 
(All photos are from their respective blogs/websites)

Until next time. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment